Sunday, April 28, 2013

Crazylegs Classic

Yesterday the baby and I participated in the Crazylegs Classic.  A 2 mile walk to support UW Badger Athletics. I have never been one for exercise, I think because I grew up with my Mom and Aunt always dieting and I associated exercise with weight loss rather than health.  So needless to say I was a little intimidated when a coworker mentioned doing the walk, but I wanted to try something different and thought it sounded like a fun morning!  I was right, I have to say it felt great and the weather was perfect.  The 2 miles wasn't much at all, I think I walk further than that trick or treating with the boys each year.  There were a few hills now and then but we pushed through and made it! Now that I have seen the event and what it's about I plan to make this a yearly activity and next year bring the whole family.  It's a great way to spend some time together while having fun and getting a bit of good old exercise! I'm sure the boys will love seeing Bucky and the UW Marching Band. I can't wait to share this with them and make this an annual tradition!