Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring has finally sprung!


The warmer weather has finally reached us. It couldn’t have come quick enough for the boys and well Mom and Dad too, we were getting cabin fever being cooped up in the house for so long.  We’ve started working on the yard.  I cannot wait to get out there and plant flowers.  The kids love getting involved with planting and designing our flower beds.  It’s such a wonderful time of year I love hearing the birds and the kids like helping to fill the bird feeders, we watch and see all of the different kinds of birds that come to visit.    It's truly is magical to watch everything wake up and come back to life.  And not to mention a wonderful opportunity to teach kids about the environment as well as other important life lessons.  Such as patience, it’s fun to watch day after day how much the trees have budded or the flowers have grown. I love exploring our flower beds with the kids and seeing their excitement when a new flower buds or the plants grow taller.  They learn the importance of nurturing the flowers and plants and enjoy watering and weeding, and I enjoy working together without any bickering and sitting back relaxing and watching the flowers grow!  This year I am excited to do some family craft projects for the garden, I really want to make some garden stones with the kids hand prints and I have a lot of ideas using terra cotta pots that I think the kids will really enjoy.  Wind chimes, planters, and if we are ambitious enough I found this really cool looking bird bath on Pinterest that I would love to make.   Check back for photos and instructions, I will post frequently to my projects and crafts page as we complete our projects!