Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's always fun to look back to see just how far you have come!


While surfing Pinterest I came across this wonderful idea by Lisa's Workshop and I thought why not take this a little further. I love the idea so I thought I would start this tradition within my own family. But rather than using the Dr. Suess book as suggested in Lisa's blog. I am going to start my own scrap book of sorts for each child adding to it each year and presenting it to them at their High School Graduation.

I have already emailed there teachers and they are on board! I plan to not only include a note from their teacher(s) but also a piece of artwork and/or school work, an all about me sheet (see below) from that year along with their class photo, report cards, and any important milestones or accomplishments they have made during that year!

It may even be fun to include additional information such as the price of gas, milk, and bread. Include major news Headlines both local and national. Any major family news or changes such a new baby or a big move. And don't forget to add your own letter's to your child each year! The possibilities are truly endless, have fun with it!!

I think all of the kids will really appreciate it and maybe one day share this tradition with their children. I know I as a child and even now always loved going through my Mom and Aunt's old photos and year books and things!